Friday, March 2, 2012

Blogger Review

I am creating an app called South Campus Congestion—where GPS’s will be installed on all busses. The app will generate the best times for students to take the bus to and from campus to avoid congestion. Every time a student takes the bus, they will essentially “check in” thus alerting other students when a bus is at capacity.


Blogger’s URL: http://techcrunch.com/

Tech Crunch is a blog I stumbled upon that was recommended to me by a fellow friend in the IT field. Although I do not follow technology blogs habitually, this one peaked my interest based on the vast amount of content it has. Although I am not sure who the domain user it, Tech Crunch has many different writers that report on the blog. One of my favorite writers would have to be Ingrid Lunden. The content of her writing is easy to understand and it is about the technology I am interested in. One of here recent articles included an interview with Dennis Crowley talking about how half of FourSquare users are outside the US!

The blog tends to focus a lot on Apple products and their latest innovations, but they are very timely in comparison to some of the other blogs I found. The blog also talks about the latest additions, subtractions and changes to social media networks. The blog also talk about technology innovations that are taking place around the world, not just America. This brings a dynamic difference to the blog, that not many other blogs can compare with, at least not at the same time Tech Crunch puts their information out.

I like the blogging style because it is very easy to access what I want to know about. The blog is user friendly with nice typology, a search box, and an accessible navigation bar. Too many times I do not even bother with blog because they look cluttered. The only thing that is  distracting on this blog is all the advertisements, but at the same time I know this bog generates a lot of traffic so it’s a money making endeavor. Overall, this is a good blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment